Monday, April 11, 2011

Up and at 'em again!

Wow…it’s been a while again, hasn’t it? Hard to believe the last time I had a chance to blog was before Christmas! I keep telling myself to get back to it, but stuff keeps coming up…constantly!
We’ve been busy around our homestead! With the coming of spring, we have the coming of outside play and work. It seems the weeds have overtaken every flowerbed I have. I have been trying to get them cleaned out between raindrops! The kids are happy just because they are now able to play somewhere besides indoors. They get restless after a while!
My laundry soap making adventure didn’t last long at all. My hubby works in field where grease is part of our lives, and it just did not remove the grease from his clothes. So, we went back to our old Costco Kirkland standby. It works well, it’s just more expensive then I would like. The price of just about everything keeps going up and up and up and it’s starting to get very very old!
School wise, we are chipping away at it. I cannot wait until summer! Princess is reading the BOB set one books, and is so proud of herself. I’m happy because they helped her confidence, and now she is trying to read harder books on her own. Goob has learned to add and carry to the thousand’s place, which he is flying through. He’s reading up a storm still, and I have learned to be very thankful for our local library. He has bird identification books right now, and he loves to sit and try to figure out what type of bird is in our yard. BunnyBop is, well, BunnyBop. She’s still to young to do “official” school, but she’s got her colors down, working on counting. I figure she’s young enough where it doesn’t really matter!

I have been doing lots of sewing in my “spare” (yeah, right) time. So far, I’ve gotten several bibs, burp rags, and two Easter dresses done. Hey, I’m slow at sewing! It takes me a while to get there!
Well, I need to get busy. More and more piling up by the second!

No comments:

Post a Comment